How do I apply for a Meritorious Exception?
If a building requires a Meritorious Exception as specified in the “Architectural Requirements” within the Zoning District specification of the Zoning Ordinance, then an application must be filed with the Planning Department at least 30 days prior to the next scheduled Planning and Zoning Commission meeting. The application consists of a letter addressed to the Planning and Zoning Commission and submitted to Staff; a site plan drawing to scale depicting the proposed request; and the appropriate nonrefundable filing fee. The letter should include each of the following:
• Date
• Applicant’s name and contact information
• Applicant’s representative, if applicable
• Address of the subject property
• Legal description of the subject property
• Elevations of any buildings and structures, including dimensions; building materials; the percentage of each building material; and the roof pitch(es)
• Detailed explanation of the request (see below)
• Any additional information that pertains to the proposed use in support of the request

The detailed explanation should include information about the proposed use; description of merit associated with proposed architectural design, including any alternate materials and/or features; and other pertinent details about the proposed design.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a Variance or Appeal?
2. How do I apply for a Conditional Use Permit?
3. How do I apply for a Meritorious Exception?
4. How do I apply for a vacation of an easement, right-of-way or alley?
5. How do I apply for a Special Exception?
6. How much does it cost to submit an application?