The Benbrook Cemetery is located on Mercedes Street, west of the intersection with Winscott Road.
It was established in 1885, on land purchased from Dr. John Snyder, and was originally known as the Marinda Seminary Graveyard. In 1949, the Hunter, Day, Mustang, January and Muhlinghause cemeteries were relocated to the Benbrook Cemetery to make way for the construction of the Benbrook Dam. In 1966, the City of Benbrook assumed ownership and maintenance of the cemetery.
Another graveyard, the Howard Cemetery, was relocated in 1955 from the Tanglewood area in southwest Fort Worth to a strip of land bordering the southeastern corner of the Benbrook Cemetery. The Howard Cemetery operates independently of the Benbrook Cemetery and is still overseen by the Howard family descendants. The representatives can be reached by phone at (817) 485-4769 and (817) 271-4470. The City of Benbrook does not maintain records for the Howard Cemetery.