Trash, Recycling, Environmental Programs
Trash and Recycling
- Household trash and recycling is collected once a week, on Wednesdays.
- Trash and recycling must be placed curbside by 7 a.m. Wednesdays.
- All trash MUST be in a closed plastic trash bag, even if it is in a container.
- Trash and recycling cannot be set out before 5 p.m. Tuesdays. It is a violation of city ordinance to place items out earlier.
- The 2021 holiday schedule will not be impacted. Trash and recycling will be collected on the regular scheduled day.
- Yellow bags WILL NOT be collected on Saturday, December 25, 2021 or Saturday, January 1, 2022.
Republic Services customer support: 469-388-4064 or send an email.
Brush and Bulk Materials
Yellow Bag Program
For citizens who want to have their trash collected twice a week, the City of Benbrook offers the yellow bag program. The bags are sold during normal business hours at City Hall, 911 Winscott Road. The cost is $5.64 for a roll of 10 bags or $27.09 for a roll of 50. Republic Services collects the yellow bags on Saturdays at no additional charge.
Household Hazardous Waste
Benbrook residents may take household hazardous waste to the Fort Worth Environmental Collection Center, 6400 Bridge Street (817-392-EASY) during their business hours throughout the year. Be prepared to present identification as proof of Benbrook residency.
Thursdays and Fridays: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Saturdays: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Automotive fluids (up to 10 gallons)
- Cleaners and chemicals (up to 10 gallons)
- Cooking oil (up to 10 gallons)
- Lawn/garden/pool chemicals (up to 20 gallons)
- Light bulbs (up to 20 bulbs)
- Paint and painting supplies (up to 30 bulbs)
What’s not accepted?
- Ammunition and explosives
- Appliances and electronics
- Building materials
- Bulk trash and yard waste
- Butane/propane cylinders
- Medicines and medical waste
- Asbestos/PCBs/radioactive items
Business, commercial and industrial waste cannot be accepted under Texas regulations
Account and Billing Information
Accounts and billing are managed by The Benbrook Water Authority (BWA), 1121 Mercedes Street. The BWA is an independent entity separate from the City. New residents will be signed up for trash and recycling service when they open a water service account. Residents may also pick up blue recycling bins at that time.
For 2021, the monthly residential fee, including sales tax, is $14.72. Please direct billing inquires to the BWA, 817-249-1250.
The Benbrook Trash Bash is a community event to help keep our city looking beautiful. The event is open to all ages, and groups are welcome. The 2021 event will take place Saturday morning, September 18, in Dutch Branch Park. For more information, please call 817-249-6008.
To report possible illegal dumping or a code compliance property violation, please contact the Code Compliance Department, 817-249-6087, email email@example.com.